- Panasonic is launching a new ad treatment for the Lumix G2 camera, the hero of the Lumix G Series Cameras and the World’s First Interchangeable Lens System Camera with Touch Screen Control and a flexible free-angle LCD Screen
- Panasonic worked with Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, the directors of the Crank and Gamer movies, and two world-class parkour practitioners to demonstrate the G2’s ability to capture outstanding still and moving images whilst immersed in action
- The ad centres on a parkour challenge, which involves vaulting around the historic cityscape of Valencia, Spain whilst using the G2 to take high-quality photos
The ad is being rolled out across Europe on TV, in print, online, outdoor and at Point of Sale
Panasonic is launching a new ad treatment for the new Panasonic Lumix G2, the World’s first interchangeable lens system camera with Touch Screen Control. Supporting in-store availability of the DMC-G2 across Europe, the ad highlights the LUMIX G2’s ability to capture outstanding images on the move, centred on parkouring and freerunning. Freerunning is a form of urban acrobatics in which participants use the city or rural landscape to perform athletic manoeuvres through its structures, while parkouring uses the movements of freerunning as a basis for getting from A to B the fastest.
Directed by Neveldine & Taylor, the directors behind the highly successful “Crank” movies, the ad was shot in Valencia, Spain and shows two world-class parkour traceurs, Brent Steffensen and Dan Mast doing a unique parkouring and freerunning challenge and creating exceptional images on the run while using the Lumix G2.
The ad included an innovative compact filming system to reflect the versatility and flexibility of the Lumix G2. This filming technique enables one of the parkour traceurs to flip off a wall over the other, holding not only the G2 to film his action but also a bespoke camera rig attached to the G2 for a composite shot.
The latest in Panasonic’s Lumix G Series portfolio, the DMC-G2 features a flexible free-angle LCD Screen with touch-screen operation and offers the outstanding image quality of an interchangeable lens camera without missing the ease of use and flexibility of a compact camera.
“The parkouring theme is the perfect showcase for the unique possibilities of the Lumix G2 camera. To be a skilful parkour traceur you need versatility, flexibility and speed, which is exactly what this camera offers. The Lumix G2 allows you to react quickly to your surroundings and take stunning pictures on the go and parkouring is the ideal way to demonstrate this.”
Merlin Wulf, Panasonic
“It’s super-versatile, it’s easy to follow people, and you can get all different types of angles. I like the camera a lot.”
Brent Steffensen, parkour traceur
- “With the flexible LCD screen that allows touch-screen operation, users can take brilliant pictures with have professional effects with a single touch of the Lumix G2’s screen. The touch-screen operation not only makes it easier to shoot photos but also allows for quicker playback. Users can touch one thumbnail among many photos to quickly and easily see the full size of the desired photo.”
Merlin Wulf, Panasonic
Creative agency: Atletico International, Berlin
- Directors: Neveldine & Taylor
- Production Company: @Radical.Media, Berlin
Post-Production Company: Slaughterhouse, Berlin
- Music & Sound; Sugar Candy Mountain, Berlin
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.42 trillion yen (EUR 56.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2010. The company’s shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE: PC) stock exchanges.